DRIVERS PAY TRIBUTE TO ZIDAN
Oct 29, 2016
Jordan’s motorsporting community came together to pay tribute to Ahmad Zidan on Friday following his sudden death the previous week.
The death of the popular driver stunned motorsport and a tribute was made prior to the start of the Mount Nebo Rally, organised by Jordan Motorsport.
Khalid Juma’a won the fifth round of the National Rally Championship, followed by Ihab Al Shorafa with Salameh Al Qammaz in third. But it was a day full of sadness with Ahmad’s son joining the drivers at the start to flag away the race in memory of his late father, following a minute’s silence.
• Khalid Juma’a/Imad Juma’a, Mitsubishi evo 10: 40.21 min.
• Ihab Al Shorafa/Hazim Atteyat, Mitsubishi evo 9: 42.49min.
•Salameh Alqammaz/Gaith Wreikat, Mitsubishi evo 5: 48.22 min.
• Asem Aref/Mussa Jehreyan, Renualt Clio: 48.22 min.
• Suhail Abu Alrous/Amer Mussa, Opel Cadett: 48.24 min.
• Ziad Meqdad/Hassan Meqdad, Mitsubishi evo 7: 59.35 min.